Mill Plain Electric, located in Vancouver, WA, seeks a team-oriented electrical Project Manager who is respectful of others, friendly, and polite, but firm. This humbly confident individual places a very high value on platinum customer service and expects the same from others. Always acting with integrity, this scrupulous Project Manager has very high ethical standards, is disciplined, organized, accountable and operates from a base of common sense. Proactive, this Project Manager is cool under fire and able to handle high stress and pressure.
- Established in 1968
- Commercial, industrial, design-build, healthcare and transportation
- Purpose/Cause/Passion: “Great Careers for Great People”
- Core Values
- Do what we say we are going to do
- Platinum customer service
- Got some fire in the belly
- Friendly but firm
Project Management Responsibilities
- Manages projects as required including all financial aspects of the project to protect and enhance cost savings.
- Monitor and provide oversight of all field operations after receipt of notice of intent, including schedule, progress, field conditions, safety, and quality through to successful project completion.
- Communicates and coordinates with Owner and or any sub-contractors regarding all submittals, project schedules and material suppliers, as required.
- Work with and through others to accomplish Project, Departmental and Corporate goals.
- Develops and maintains excellent customer and subcontractor relationships.
- Provide motivation and develop an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual trust among subordinates.
- Exhibit sufficient experience and knowledge of corporate philosophies and policies to make project management related decisions consistent with the corporate philosophy and policies.
- Representative of the Company to customers and potential customers
- Work in collaboration with office personnel and field employees
- Contract scope reviews and price negotiation
- Monitor and quantify plans & specifications for changes
- Generate Change Order Requests
- Generate accurate project billings as needed.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis as the Company Representative
- Other tasks in support of the Pre-Construction Team
- Education – Bachelor of Science Engineering or Construction Management or Electrician License or equivalent work experience/military experience
- PMP certification preferred or ability to obtain within 12 months
- 5+ years Electrical construction experience
- 5 + years Mission Critical/Data Centers/Distribution project experience
- Business development skills
- Experience in Commercial and Industrial construction
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with customers, owners, subcontractors, and design professionals
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Aptitude for math
- Computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Accubid Classic and Enterprise. Primavera P6 AutoCAD, Sketchup Design, 3D modeling.
- Prefer strong ties to local market
Please Note that MPE does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruitment services. Any unsolicited information sent to MPE or any of it employees will be considered unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever.
Please send resume to: